Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Contact & Visit Us

U.S. Citizen Services

This section cannot help you with immigration, visa or ESTA inquiries.
For visa or ESTA information, click here.
For immigration information, click here.

The U.S. Consulate General is the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in The Hague. Only the Consulate General in Amsterdam provides Consular information and services.

U.S. Citizen Services
U.S. Consulate General
Museumplein 19
1071 DJ Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Fax: (31)(0)20-575 5330

Our team is ready to assist you with your questions on passports, reports of birth, notary services, and regular, non-emergency U.S. citizen services. Send us an e-mail at: .

If you need to contact the Consulate about the death, arrest, hospitalization or emergency involving an U.S. citizen in the Netherlands, you can reach us by calling 31(0)20 575 5309 between 8 AM and 4:30 PM. Outside of business hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays) please call the Embassy Duty Officer at: (31)(0)70-310 2209. These numbers are NOT for regular services or visa inquiries.

Visiting the Consulate General in Amsterdam for U.S. Citizen Services

All visits to the Consulate General, except in an emergency must be by appointment. After making the appointment, please do not forget to complete all application forms and to verify what documents you must bring with you. For this information, please select the service you require from our U.S. citizen services menu. Note that these services are available by appointment only. There are no walk-in services.

Emergency visiting hours: Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM.

Note: This is for emergencies only. The Consulate must ask you to document your emergency before admitting you to the Consulate without an appointment. See our emergency services page.

The Consulate is closed on U.S. and Dutch holidays.

Please take the time to read our Security Notice and Tips for a smooth Consular visit. Thank you.

Sending Documents: Fax or e-mail?

  • When an original document is required you should send it by mail or courier of course. But if you need to send a document for information purposes only you can send it by fax. Best would be however if you send your document(s) by e-mail, as a PDF file for instance. This will allow us respond quicker and assist you better with any consular issues you may have.