Step 2 — Non-Immigrant Visa Forms
The DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form
The web-based nonimmigrant visa application Form DS-160 has arrived! Every nonimmigrant visa (NIV) applicant must now complete the Form DS-160. The old paper-based forms, the DS-156, DS-157 and DS-158 are now obsolete. The DS-160 replaces all other NIV application forms.
The DS-160 is web-based. Once completed, it automatically transmits the applicant’s data to the post where s/he will apply for the visa. By accessing applicant information in advance of the interview, we can conduct various forms of pre-processing and pre-screening and in turn reduce processing delays. It also means that applicants who apply for visas on a frequent basis can save their original application and simply submit the updated form.
At the bottom of this page you will find a link to access your DS-160 form.
Before accessing the DS-160, please note the following points:
The DS-160 site has been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. Please save your work frequently.
As you complete the visa application, save a copy on your hard drive, CD or USB and ‘save’ often.
- If asked the question “Have you attended any educational institutions other than an elementary school”, you should list all educational institutions you have attended since the age of 11.
- Provide accurate and complete information in answer to the questions. You will be given an opportunity to review the information before submitting the form. If you submit a DS-160 that is inaccurate or incomplete, your application will be rejected.
- The DS-160 accepts digital identification photos. Please review the Department of State photo specifications before uploading the photograph. If your photo does not comply, it will be rejected. In order to ensure that we can provide you efficient service at the time of your interview, please bring your photo with you. Step 5 of these application instructions has detailed photo guidelines, including a list of places where to get them. Not bringing photos may delay your application considerably.
- Select the correct location at which you will apply for the visa. If you intend to apply at the U.S. Consulate General in Amsterdam, please choose “AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS.”
- Select the correct visa category under "Purpose of Travel to the United States" in the "Travel Information Section." The drop down list will appear in answer to the question "Are you the Principal Applicant?" Please note that if you are applying for more than one visa (for example, a C1/D) you must identify both types of visa in your application. If you do not see your visa category, click on “Other” for further information.
- When you have completed your DS-160 form, please remember to print your confirmation page. In order to make an appointment, you must provide your confirmation number as printed on your confirmation page. Furthermore you must provide this confirmation page at your interview at the Consulate General.
A full list of nonimmigrant visa types may be found here.
|Click here to access your DS-160 Form|