Last passport issued 15 years ago or more
If your last U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago, you must apply in person, by appointment, during the American Citizen Services opening hours at the American Consulate General in Amsterdam. The following is required:
- Set up an appointment. Clicking on the link below will take you to another website where you can choose a date and time slot of your choice. When you have set up your appointment proceed with the following steps. Make your appointment
- Download, print, complete and bring the DS-11 application form — see also our Tips for completing the DS-11 application; Please do NOT sign the application form until the consular officer requests you to do so.
- Bring your last issued U.S.passport;
- Bring proof of identity (this could be any valid government I.D., e.g. a foreign passport or driver's license, I.D. card, Military I.D. or U.S. driver's license);
- Bring one U.S. format, 2" x 2" (5 x 5 Cm.) photo, with white background. See our photo specifications pages for details on how to get these special format photos;
- See our Consular Fees page for the appropriate passport services fee. Fees can be paid in cash, euro or dollars, or by credit card. PIN payments cannot be processed. When paying in cash, please try to bring exact change.
Passports applications are sent to the United States for printing with a secure, photo-digitized image of the bearer. You should allow up to 7 to 10 working days for your application to be processed.
An Appointment Is Required
For this service you must set up an appointment. Please download the required form(s) and complete them before coming to the Consulate. If you have any questions our staff will of course assist you. If you plan to pay for your service in cash, please try to bring exact change. Thank you.
Please, click here to set your appointment up online. (This is also where you can cancel an appointment.)