Non-Immigrant Visas Renewal By Mail
Mail-In Visa Renewal
Certain Non-immigrant Visa applicants may request a renewal of a non-immigrant visa without personal interviews. Applicants requesting this courtesy must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must have entered the U.S. using a multiple-entry visa issued by U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam;
- You must have had all 10 fingerprints scanned at Consulate General Amsterdam;
- You must be a registered resident of the Netherlands residing in the Netherlands at time of application. Visas will not be renewed for any person residing outside of the Netherlands;
- You are seeking to renew the same category of visa;
- You have not overstayed in the U.S. or have any other visa ineligibility;
- Your application did not require additional administrative processing for the most recent visa issuance.
If all of the above six points apply to you, you may use the mail-in visa renewal process.
The above list outlines minimum requirements and does not address all relevant factors. Under some circumstances the applicant may be called in for a personal interview. Consulate Amsterdam reserves this right.
Please see the mail-in procedure below:
(Please be aware all links below refer to our standard visa application procedure and may not apply entirely to the mail-in process.)
How to Apply By Mail:
- Access and file your online Visa Application Form: The DS-160 web-based visa form must be completed online. Enclose a copy of the barcode authorization after you’ve completed your online application.
Click here for the DS-160 application form.
- Gather Supporting Documentation: Supporting documents may be included but should be limited to pertinent forms, i.e., letter of employment, invitation letter, petition approval notice and required forms such as DS-2019, I-20 and SEVIS. The Consulate will contact you if additional information is required.
More information on supporting documentation
- Pay the Non-Refundable Visa Application Fee: This payment is mandatory and is not refundable if the receipt is not used, or if the visa application is refused or abandoned. Applicants must submit proof of payment with the mail-in application. Submit a copy of the bank statement or account that shows a visa fee was paid to U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam. Applications without proof of payment will not be processed and the passport will be returned to the applicant. To pay this fee please deposit the required amount in euro into the Consulate’s account with Deutsche Bank, IBAN number: NL29DEUT0515483184, SWIFT BIC: DEUTNL2N or pay by TravelEx.
More on paying for your visa, including the tiered schedule for the various types of visas.
- Photograph: Submit one 5 X 5 cm sized photograph using the U.S. format. We are unable to process a visa if you submit any other size or format. We are unable to use the Dutch format.
U.S. Format photo specifications
- Residency Requirement: Applicants who do not have Dutch citizenship must provide a copy of their residency permit in order to demonstrate they are registered residents in the Netherlands. If you are not registered in the Netherlands you may not use the mail-in renewal visa process.
- Additional Reciprocity and/or Visa fees: Third Country Nationals (non-Dutch passport holders) may be subject to additional reciprocity visa fees. We will contact you if you are required to pay an additional fee. Applicants who apply for H-1B and Blanket L visas may be subject to additional visa and Department of Homeland Security fees.
- Mail-in Application: Mail your complete package, including your passport, to:
U.S. Consulate General Amsterdam
Attention: Non-Immigrant Visa Section
1071 DJ Amsterdam
by registered mail. You must also include a registered mail sticker for each applicant that will be used to return your passport/s. Applications without a self-addressed envelope with its registered mail sticker will not be processed. Please keep the tracking number information for your own records.
- Passport Return: Your passport will normally be returned to you by mail within ten business days after the Non-Immigrant Visa Section receives your application and a visa is approved. The ten-day processing time includes return mail by your local postal service.
- Status of Application: We do not provide information regarding application status over the phone. Please rely on your postal tracking number for that information. Please note that mailed-in applications are not guaranteed visa issuances and that Consular officers reserve the right to request a personal interview. The Consulate will notify you if a personal interview is required.
- Expedited Processing: Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite applications using the mail-in renewal process. Applications will normally be processed in five business days.
- Receipt of passport: After you receive your passport we strongly encourage you to check your name, surname, date of birth, and the passport number on your visa. If you notice any discrepancy, please contact the Non-Immigrant Visa Unit by e-mail at:
firstname.lastname@example.org, under the subject line 'mail-in discrepancy'.