Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Non Immigrant FAQs

Other Issues

  1. Where can I find tourist information?

    For tourist information, maps, and a variety of other information please contact the Visit USA SeeAmerica Center at:
    See America the Netherlands 
    Tel:  06 - 12 24 77 33
  2. What should I do if I overstayed on a previous visit?

    You must
    apply for a visa.
  3. If I still have a visa do I still need a return ticket?

    If you hold a visa of any classification, including a B-1/B-2 visa, you are not required to hold a return ticket; you may enter the United States on a one-way ticket. All travelers should carry with them for presentation to U.S. officials, if required, evidence of funds sufficient for their visit and, with the exception of H and L visa holders, evidence that they have a residence abroad to which they intend to return at the end of their stay.
  4. Do I need any vaccinations?

    Vaccinations are no longer required for temporary travel to the United States. However, if you are intending to study or work, you should contact the school or prospective employer as they may have specific requirements.
  5. What do I do about health insurance?

    Visitors and temporary residents in the U.S. are required to pay their own medical costs. As a result it is advisable to take out health insurance before departure.  Those planning on remaining in the United States for any length of time or permanently may obtain health insurance after arrival there. Sometimes it is available through an employer, as many companies arrange group insurance for their employees.
  6. I have a holiday home in the United States; how long can I remain there?

    If you travel to the United States visa free under the Visa Waiver Program, you may remain for up to 90 days. This period cannot be extended. If you travel to the United States on a visa, for instance a visitor (B-2) visa, the period of time you will be allowed to remain in the U.S. will be determined by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer at the port of entry. B-2 visa holders can usually be granted an initial stay of six month by these immigration inspectors.

    The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS) has sole jurisdiction over such matters.  See

  7. Can I take my medicine to the United States?

    If you take medicines containing habit-forming drugs or narcotics (e.g. cough medicine, diuretics, heart drugs, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, depressants, stimulants, etc.) you should: have all drugs, medicine and similar products properly identified; carry only the quantity that might normally be used by an individual having a health problem requiring such drugs or medicine; have either a prescription or written statement from your personal physician that the medicine is being used under a doctor's direction and is necessary for your physical well-being while traveling.