For the passport service you require choose one of the following options:
- I have a 10-year passport that is still valid/expired less than five years ago, that I wish to renew by mail
- I have a 10-year passport that is still valid/expired less than five years ago, that I wish to renew in person
- I have a 10-year passport that is still valid/expired less than five years ago, that I wish to renew to reflect my new name, changed through marriage/divorce, or by court order
- I have a passport that is damaged (washed, torn, loose pages or cover, etc.)
- My passport was stolen/lost
- My passport has expired but I have a travel need due to an emergency
- My child under 16, needs a new passport
- I am over 16 but under 18, and need a new passport
(one of the parents must accompany you)
- I have a passport issued before I turned 16 but now I am over 18
- I have a passport that expired more than five years ago
- My baby born in the Netherlands needs a U.S. passport
- I have a claim to U.S. citizenship and want to apply for my first U.S. passport
- I wish to have visa pages added to my valid passport
- I wish to have my emergency passport replaced
- My adopted child has a valid one year passport that I wish to renew now that I have the final adoption decree
- I wish to apply for a second U.S. passport
- I wish to apply for a passport card
- The passport service I need is not listed
A comprehensive overview on applying for a passport outside of the United States can be found on the State Department's travel website.
Important Notice on U.S. citizens entering or departing the U.S.
According to Section 215 of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1185), it is illegal for an American citizen to enter or leave the U.S. on anything other than an American passport. This applies to dual citizens as well, meaning that persons holding both American and another country's citizenship must enter and depart from the U.S. on a valid U.S. passport. This applies to children as well as adults.
Note that U.S. citizens, including those who also hold another country's passport, are required by law to travel to and from the United States with valid U.S. passports.
IMPORTANT APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Appointments are made via a separate website. You will find a link to this site on every instructions page (right hand top). For any passport appointment, be it an application for a first, second, adult or minor passport or extra visa pages, check the top box called 'Apply for a passport for the first time'.
The Confirmation Print Out
Upon completing setting up your appointment you will be asked to print the confirmation with your password. Alternatively you can write it down. You will not receive an e-mail confirmation.
No Confirmation Sheet, no password?
No problem and no need to contact us. You will be on our entry list for the day of your appointment. But should you have to cancel or reschedule, simply send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of it for you.