For the passport service you require choose one of the following options:
- I have a 10-year passport that is still valid/expired less than five years ago, that I wish to renew by mail. (Use form DS-82.)
- I have a 10-year passport that is still valid/expired less than five years ago, that I wish to renew in person. (Use form DS-82.)
- I have a 10-year passport that is still valid/expired less than five years ago, that I wish to renew to reflect my new name, changed through marriage/divorce, or by court order. (Use form DS-82.)
- I have a passport that is damaged (washed, torn, loose pages or cover, etc.). (Use form DS-11.)
- My passport was stolen/lost/damaged (Use form DS-11.)
- My passport has expired but I have a travel need due to an emergency. (Use form DS-11.)
- My child under 16, needs a new passport. (Use form DS-11.)
- I am over 16 but under 18, and need a new passport
(One of the parents must accompany you. Use form DS-11.)
- I have a passport issued before I turned 16 but now I am over 18. (Use form DS-11.)
- I have a passport that expired more than five years ago. (Use form DS-11.)
- My baby born in the Netherlands needs a U.S. passport
- I have a claim to U.S. citizenship and want to apply for my first U.S. passport. (Use form DS-11.)
- I wish to have visa pages added to my valid passport (effective January 1, 2016, this service is no longer available.)
- I wish to have my emergency passport replaced
- My adopted child has a valid one year passport that I wish to renew now that I have the final adoption decree
- I wish to apply for a second U.S. passport
- I wish to apply for a passport card
- The passport service I need is not listed
A comprehensive overview on applying for a passport outside of the United States can be found on the State Department's travel website.
Important Notice on U.S. citizens entering or departing the U.S.
According to Section 215 of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1185), it is illegal for an American citizen to enter or leave the U.S. on anything other than an American passport. This applies to dual citizens as well, meaning that persons holding both American and another country's citizenship must enter and depart from the United States on a valid U.S. passport. This applies to children as well as adults.
IMPORTANT APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Appointments are made via a separate website. You will find a link to this site on every instructions page (right hand top). For any passport appointment, be it an application for a first, second, adult or minor passport or extra visa pages, check the top box called 'Apply for a passport for the first time'.
The Confirmation Print Out
Upon completing setting up your appointment you will be asked to print the confirmation with your password. Alternatively you can write it down. You will not receive an e-mail confirmation.
No Confirmation Sheet, no password?
No problem and no need to contact us. You will be on our entry list for the day of your appointment. But should you have to cancel simply send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of it for you. You can then set up a new appointment at your convenience.
If you will be paying for your service in cash
We will appreciate it if you could bring exact change, thank you.