Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Passport services by Mail

Passport Services Available by Mail

You can renew an adult (valid 10-years) passport, apply for additional visa pages, change your name (through marriage or divorce) in your passport, or replace an emergency passport with a full validity passport, by mail.

Please select your specific passport service from the passport services menu below. All mail-in services require you to enclose a self-addressed return envelope for mailing your passport(s) to you! Your passport will be mailed to you by regular mail at no extra charge. The Consulate General cannot arrange or process courier return delivery of passports.

Please note, use of the mail system is at your risk. Any passport sent to or from the Consulate is not considered lost until at least 10 days have passed. If you provide registered mail postage with a barcode, keep the half with your tracking number.

Should you wish to come in for these services

You may wish to come in for these services. For instance to avoid being without a passport during the application process, or to have extra pages added the same day. In that case, please follow the exact same instructions, use the exact same forms, but also set up an appointment. You will find a link to the online appointment website on every instructions page. The choice of services on this site is limited. For any passport service pick "APPLY FOR A U.S. PASSPORT FOR THE FIRST TIME".

Back to the main passport services menu

Download the application form

Whether you avail yourself of a service by mail or wish to apply for a service in person, you will need to download and complete an application form. You will find a link to the form you need with each set of instructions for a particular service.

Please type or print your answers and double check for completeness before signing it.

If you have questions please contact our American Citizen Services unit for assistance.


The Consulate General however, cannot be held responsible for applications or new passports getting lost in the mail. You may therefore prefer sending us your application by registered mail and enclose a registered mail return envelope for sending you your new passport. If you use the barcode sticker for registered mail, keep your half with the tracking number.