You must provide a U.S. Document Style Photo with your application!
The only acceptable format is 2"x2" (51 mm x 51 mm).
For a partial list of Dutch photoplaces that can make photos of this format, click here.
American passport photo requirements are different from Dutch passport photo requirements and must conform to the following guidelines:
- Image: Color photograph must be recent (within six months), with a clear full face and front view image, ensuring the ears of the customer are showing.
- Size: The photograph must be at least two inches by two inches (51 mm by 51 mm) in size, exclusive of any white borders. The image size, from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head (including hair), should measure between one inch and one and three-eighth's inches. There should be at least one-half inch between the top of the head and photograph's border.
- Background: There must be a clear contrast between the background and the customer's image. The background of the photographs must be white. Photographs that are grainy in appearance cannot be accepted.
- Please click here (PDF 73kb) to download our instruction sheet that you can take to your photographer to ensure you get the correct pictures.
- No head covering or dark glasses should be worn. For exceptions, religious headcoverings for instance, and more information on what photographs are acceptable for U.S. documents, please see the State Department website.