Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Non-Immigrant Visas FAQs

I-94/I-94W Still in Passport

I-94 Form

Green/White I-94 Departure record still in your passport? What to do if you did not hand back your I-94 departure record upon leaving the United States.

If you returned home with your departure record Form I-94 (white) or Form I-94W (green) in your passport still, it means that your departure was not recorded properly. It is your responsibility to correct this record. You must provide U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP) sufficient information so it can record your timely departure from the United States. This will close out your earlier record of arrival to this country. Do NOT send your I-94 to the Consulate General in Amsterdam.

The website of the United States Custom and Border Protection has detailed instructions on where to send your I-94 and how to resolve this problem. The following link will take you to the USCBP website: USCBP I-94 departure record instructions. Please follow these instructions carefully.

The I-94 and I-94W Forms

All travelers, with or without visa, will be asked to complete an I-94 Arrival/Departure Record form before landing in the U.S. Click here for a preview of front and back of both versions (green for travelers without a visa and white for those traveling with a visa).  The departure part you must hand back to the immigration authorities when leaving the U.S.